------------------
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2007 07:39 AM
From: Kelly Hardie <ramblinguy.kelly@xxxxxxxxx>

Check out this article on Wiki
:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V6#Odd_and_even_firing

You can see how he's charted it there, three of the cylinders would fire
at the correct time, the other three 15 degrees early. It's not the
gearing, it's the shape of the cam (or reluctor if EI). A normal six has
a distributor cam that looks like a normal hexagon, the uneven motor has
one that has three short sides and three long sides. Given Delco
interchangeability, it may be possible to swap in reluctor or cam from
an even firing engine, then the distributor could be used for, I forget,
what were we talking about?