Re: [Amc-list] Ambassador for sale

All sheet metal, including the dash, will interchange between 63-66
Classic and Ambo models. There are some caveats -- the change in
exterior sheet metal and the extended front end of the 66-67 Ambo means
some parts won't interchange and some just won't look right even though
they will
(a 65 door will bolt right up to a 63 and work, but...). There may be
some minor wiring rearrangement necessary for the dash, but IIRC those
models all use the same type connectors. I believe the HVAC control are
slightly different, make sure you get all the cables from the 65-66
dash. I prefer the 63-64 dash without the dash pad. Nothing to crack and
look bad later!

I've overhauled a BW trans, and paid to have one overhauled. Rich, $600
is more than fair, and if the shop is experienced with older BW and/or
Ford FMX trannys you're all set! The rebuild sets are no more than more
common transmissions, but if any hard parts have to be replaced they
will likely cost extra. It appears that they are mainly charging you for
the extra time it will take to build the BW. The $399 trannys are
probably a Chevy 350, Chrysler 904, and Ford C-4. The three most common
out there! I know guys who could probably build a TH350 in their sleep
because they build 2-3 a day nearly every day of the week.