Re: [Amc-list] EFI install on [anything modest]

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Not sure this is exactly the same, but Dino over on the strokers group is in Saudi Arabia. He has an exprot 90's XJ. It runs off of MAP,coolant, etc; no O2 sensor on it at all.
>  I would imagine the ecu from it would allow running even leaded fuels without too much problem. He uses a map voltage adjuster and some other tricks to alter the fuel curve to go with its stroker and 24 lb Ford injectors.

Innaresting! Is there a part number on the thing?

(Just finished going over the unbelievably detailed technical
pages on the D-Jetronic analog EFI system used on Porsche
914's. It's really neat, and totally unadaptable, since my
or the computation is done by a special device that measures
nominally manifold vacuum, but incorporates information on air
temp, idle/full load and other stuff. It's a weird (but smart)
variable transformer. This was the 1960's when that sort of
thing cost less than semiconductor stuff.)