Re: [Amc-list] Copyrights ?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM wrote:

> check out the above for the latest incursion - Forums are being
> yanked...
> ------------------------------
>
> This is nothing new. When profits take a dip most companies decide to
> squeeze everything they can to get a few more bucks. As noted, Chrysler
> did this in the 80s. It's usually some idiot lawyer's idea. They don't

It's not true, an urban myth you can be used for merely uttering
or writing a trademark. There's still such a thing as "fair
use". You can quote the New York Times or whatever word for word,
if you say that's what it is.

You can absolutely 100% legally say "this is a MoPar forum"
because you in fact own some stuff that says 'm o p a r' on it,
plus fair use, plus you are discussing it. If you claim to BE
mopar, ok but whos doing that?  No one!

If am AMC or Mopar forum gets such a letter, I'd suspect it's
fake; it could be ignored in any case. It's nonsense.