[Amc-list] Marlin brake failier

Here's one for the WOW list... driving home this evening I put my foot on the brake pedal, and there was a loud BANG, and no brakes to speak of.  I had them by pushing really hard on the pedal, but that was it.  It sounded, also, like I was dragging something, but by the time I got around the corner and stopped, that was gone.  I saw nothing hanging under the car, and was able to carefully drive it the two miles left to the house.

Is this possibly a booster failier problem?  The entire brake system, except the booster, was replaced some four years ago.

Kenny