[Amc-list] Dash

It's close now!
I'm finallyinto getting it wired up, geez all those wires! 6 gauges and tieing them into factory harness, plus a few extras like wiring up the VSS.
  The Billet panel is fitted to the plastic original cluster, looks real nice.
led lighting in the gauges is done. It's real easy to convert too!
I use 10mm high intensity blue led's bought ten on ebay for $20.oo shipped. Take a dremel and flatten the tip. This dulls it and reflects the light out the sides more. Then use a cutter/drywall type bit in  the dremel and hog a 194 socket out after pulling the wires and terminal. Last thing is use the stone on the dremel to take the rear lip off the led. Then the led is a perfect push in fit into the 194 socket!!! PERFECT!!! No glue, no epoxy, not $6.00 a piece custom led bulbs! I need to take some time to write it up, but it is sweet. Sounds harder then it is too. I did six in about 10 minutes max!
  I hope to have the install completed by this weekend.
An oil  change and a once over and it is ready for the road!
I did not get nearly what I had planned done, but there's no way I'm tearing into any new projects. I want it drive able!
It hasn't been driven anywhere since Sept when I had my kids quide me while I drove it from the "parking" garage to the workshop! That was fun, pin in collar bone, neck brace, couldn't look around at all.
  I really wish I had managed to get the interior finished and the World class T-5 in.
It needs carpet, I've got roll up quarter windows for it too! ARG!
  Then the "pizza de resistor", will be conversion to an S-10 or similar disc brake rear maybe larger discs up front.

There's always next year and I have a storage building and a convertible to build!
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV