Re: [Amc-list] Re; York Compressors and Clutches

Re: [Amc-list] Re; York Compressors and Clutches

One bit of information:

The Tecumseh compressors used by Ford are very similar
in design to the York compressors used by AMC.  The
magnetic clutch on my 73 Javelin was frozen in the
"on" position and the compressor ran all the time when
I got the car.  I purchased a magnetic clutch a NOS
magnetic clutch on Ebay based on a good picture in the
auction and some info from the seller (the details of
which I forget), but the seller had originally bought
the clutch for his 69 Mustang.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA