[Amc-list] Re; Carpet Dye

I have used SEM vinyl dye to patch dye carpets
in low wear areas and generally due to fading
with fairly good luck. I would hesitate however
to use it in a high wear area and expect it to
work well.
Places that were successful were the carpet
around the fuel filler line in Spirits and
Gremlins. Some cargo area repairs and carpet
used as upholstery accents on the plastic
interior pieces.
For anything having to do with floor covering
including heavily damage cargo areas I order
carpet kits from Jeff Kennedy.
The only tricks I use is to read and follow
the recommended directions.
John.

Snip
Jay,

Supposedly the vinyl dyes from SEM, etc. can be used
on carpet.  You might want to get some opinions on
that from a local auto upholstery shop.  Also talk to
any carpet stores in your area and see if they ever
dye carpets as part of their business.  If so, find
out what they use.  If you do end up dying your
carpet, I would appreciate some feedback on how it
went.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Snip