Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 75

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 75

>Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:41:34 +0000
>From: farna@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 196 rebuild kit

>Mark has given you probably the best source for 196 rebuild parts. Galvin's
>(www.ramblerparts.com) or Blaser's (www.blaserauto.com) may have some. What
>you can't find at Kanter definitely check with them! The engine can be
>safely bored for the biggest pistons you can get -- 0.040" used to be
>common.

I rebuilt a '64 196 a few yrs (4-5); my machinist (now out of business) was
able to find all the parts.  Mine was pretty well thrashed, and went .020 on
rods and mains, and went .060 on the pistons.  He was able to find .060
pistons and that's what 's in it now.

How does it run??  Couldn't tell ya, it's still on the stand lookin purty...

Jim Boone
Mims, FL