Re: [Amc-list] Re; Ford EFI on AMC and FWD performce - "not!"

Re: [Amc-list] Re; Ford EFI on AMC and FWD performce - "not!"

John...

"not" looking for better performance, really. The Mat's just a cruiser,
don't drive it often or far. I'm looking at FI 'cause that's what I'm
familiar with these days. All the cars I work on at work are FI, as are
my Eagle and my wife's Audi. I've been trying for years to get the
Motorcrap 4350 to work right, I'm sick of the thing. But alas, nothing
else fits that manifold. As you point out, 2v manifolds are cheap and
plentiful. I like the challenge of figuring out how to make it all work,
and prowling around junk yards for the parts appeals to my RM. However,
there aren't a lot of u-pick-ems around here, so it may not be the way
to go. If I could find a cheap Performer I'd probably just go with an
economy tuned square bore carb, an almost new one (try that with the
4350) and be happy with that. Especially with the fact that we don't
have smog inspection where I live now, so once I get the car back here
the air pump, EGR, and the ancient pellet cats are coming off.