Re: [Amc-list] Sins

>"Look what a 2007
>" American luxury station wagon has become.  Overpriced, oversized,
>" overweight, or overdone?"  That SportCombi was almost as new, with a
>" hunkered-down style and a matte trim my old Sport had had, but it
>" still looked so much like an Eagle that I sighed.  "Look what a 2007
>" car can be when it's not American.  Shapely, stylish, refined,
>" powerful, and economical."
>"
>" And it's built by GM.  Not in America.  How come that can happen?  Huh?
>
>it's built by gm only technically, because they bought the company.
>saab was building sylish, refined, etc cars

And unreliable...

>long before the general
>showed up with his wallet - and they were for sale because their
>profit margin was vanishing.  supposedly gm still loses money on
>saabs.

Because they are unreliable, *and* because all employees (workers and
management) in the division are grossly overpaid.

GM motors would have done wonders in those crates, at least as far as
reliablity is concerned.

>i can't dispute your view of the navigator.  i'm still dumfounded to
>see a -truck- with pw/pdl and -leather-, never mind the entertainment
>system.

Careful, there, Andy -- you're dissin' a whole sector of the market that
likes that stuff ;-) .

A market, I might add, that AMC was never really able to capture.

-- Marc