Re: [Amc-list] Trademarks

Gheeeeesh, we have a bunch of GM bashers here.  Come
on, other than Mark's unfortunate experience with his
S-10, how much bad luck has anyone really had with a
late GM car/truck?  My 2000 Silverado is great and now
with 148,000 admittedly light duty miles, it is
holding up well. Quite a bit of towing duty too,
hauling old AMCs (AMC content) out of the weeds.  GM
makes some of the best fuel injection systems out
there and their new LS-series of aluminum block
engines is great.  My truck has the cast iron version
of the LS engine (small 4.8liter), sorta like the old
283 in displacement.  It gets 20-22 mpg on the
highway.  Cruises at 2000 rpm at 70 mph with an
overdrive tranny and 3.73 rear.  And has all the power
I really need, even for towing.  Javelin on a heavy
car trailer over the Grapevine.....no sweat.

My thought is GM is beginning to design it's way out
of the doldrums and will continue to be a major
player. There may be more pain and layoffs, but I
think they are about to turn the corner. Don't know
about Chrysler and really can't tell about Ford right
now.

But I think the "big three" lost a lot of credibility
in the 70s and 80s by building junk.  A whole
generation of car buyers starting looking to the
imports first without even setting foot on a Big Three
car lot.   What's sad is that "habit" has carried over
to trucks.  GM and Ford build great trucks and look at
how well the Toyotas and Nissans are selling.  It's a
shame.  TRD my a**.

Back to the 80s.  I bought a 1980 gasoline Rabbit as
new car and will never have another VW product.  The
fuel injection system on that car required two
expensive repairs and they could only be done with
dealer parts.  Out of warranty too.

Joe Fulton
red, white and blue in Salinas, CA