[Amc-list] Trademarks

Development and refinement time seem to be luxuries at the big 3.
I remember when the first Honda's hit our shores. Seems to me the first ones were powered by motorcycle engines and had biodegradable bodies.
We laughed at them.
No one is laughing any more. My first Honda was an Accura NSX. Out of the box, it was touted as one of the best sports cars in the world, at any price.
You could beat that car up all day long and it still ran smoothly at idle. It was hard on tires but my biggest complaint was that it didn't sound as tough as it was.
I was a diehard Detroit guy until then.
I have never owned a Chrysler product, but they are the only big 3 company producing models that appeal to me right now, except for the Mustang at Ford.
With all of us old guys around, it would seem to me that a retro Camaro would be a no brainer.
GM keeps saying its on the way, who knows.
I like the old styling cues with state-of-the-art power, handling, and fit and finish.
Kill front wheel drive. It isn't better, it's just cheaper to build. Show me a car that sells for high 5 figures and above and you'll have trouble finding a FWD.
I know it could be seen as heresy, but I would love to build a Javelin with that Lexus V8 power train and suspension and brakes.
What a performer, roughly 260 cu. in., about 300 HP, the suspension and brakes to handle it, and roughly 24 miles per gallon.
Do you think the big 3 would sell something like that, if they built it?
Damn right !!
Don

Frank wrote:
Car guys don't necessarily make the best managers, but they make one
heck of a product! There needs to be a balance, but GM is big enough
that they can make at least one cutting edge/risky model every couple
years. Maybe bounce it around the divisions so one doesn't take a big
hit like Caddy did with the V-4-6-8 way back when. It's a risk that you
have to take, but things do need adequate development time!