Re: [Amc-list] dana axles

" From: Wayne E LaMothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
"
" Does anyone know if the Dana 30 and 35 axles interchange?  Both are 27
" spline count on the hub (I think).  Thinking about a rear disk setup for
" my Eagle which uses the same housing as the XJ.  There is one available
" for the Dana 35 and I wonder if it will work on the Dana 30 axles?  Are
" they a different diameter?  Is there a chart on the net somewhere?

the dana35 is a derivative of the amc15.  the dana30 is an evolution
of the dana 27.  they are not related.

having said that, they could use the same brakes.  afaik no d35 shares
brake backing plates with the amc15; the '80s non-c-clip d35 had the
housing end pattern of the amc20 [and 'small bearing' fords] and the
'90s-up c-clip d35 had a mopar pattern housing end.  the xj d44 also
had the amc20/early-d35 pattern.  because of their wide industry
usage, other d44s and d30s have some variety in housing end patterns
as well as bolt patterns.

i've always assumed the eagle amc15 was the same as any other amc15.
if the housing is actually the same as the xj d35, then d35, amc20, or
some ford rear disk setups should be easily adaptable.