[Amc-list] carb leakage

I am running a motorcraft 2100 on my 258.  I purchased it as a rebuilt
about a year ago and have always noticed a hard start issue when cold.
then it loads up but runs fine after I clear it out.  Got tired of that
scenerio so I put the Holley 4V on it.  When I pulled the 2100 I noticed
a large pool of gas in the bottom of the intake.  Ah hah, me says, the
fuel bowl is draining out overnight.  Since the carb ran great after
initial startup I do not believe there are any real issues internally
other than the leak down.  What would cause this?  I would like to cure
this ailment and will put a kit in the carb but I want to pay particular
attention to this area.  Where should I look?

Thanks
Wayne
Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY,
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
AMO#8454, 83 Eagle Limited Wagon, 82 SX/4, 258 auto
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
88 Jeep J10 360, auto- a Real truck
2001 Cherokee, 2000 Chrysler Cirrus (both hers)