Re: [Amc-list] AMC production figures (was 72 Javelin)

Re: [Amc-list] AMC production figures (was 72 Javelin)

I respectfully disagree with Frank's premise that the
information wasn't valuable.  The company needed this
information at some level to intelligently order
optional equipment and color coded interior parts for
the various models.  I'm sure the data was kept
somewhere.  AMC was always looking at the bottom line
and someone in engineering or purchasing (for example)
would be making sure that they could get volume
discounts on a certain model of radio or twin grip
rear gears.  How many tinted windshields to buy for
the 66 model year?  Knowing how many they sold in 1964
or 1964 would be valuable.

Maybe due to the difficulty of data processing in
those days, the data was not centralized, but my
feeling is that someone was responsible for compiling
that data and it was available to managers.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA