Re: [Amc-list] Grand Unified Brake List

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Glenn Ford wrote:
"
" > Not sure what you are looking for, but if it helps, my 87 XJ Wagoneer
" > has the Dana 44 rear and it has 10 x 2.5 drums and shoes, apparently
" > readily available. Apparently the same for MJ's with Dana 44. I would
" > think bolt pattern would be the same, what else could be different?
" >
" > Hope this helps.
"
" Yes it does! It also makes for more work! Thanks! :-)

jeep used the same 10x1 3/4" rear brakes as amc on all the small jeeps
in the '80s, and except for the cj they even have the same bolt pattern.
they used the same calipers too, and the '90s calipers may be one of
those meaningless part number changes.

nb. the mj/xj/yj d44 and '80s d35 have the same housing flanges as the
amc20.  interesting to see if backing plates swap.

" Seriously, I guess I'll delve into some Jeep years, as donors. I
" doubt Jeep people wanna put 9x2 drums or even Bendix discs
" on Jeeps.

brace yourself.  when they went to the c-clip d35 [ex amc15hd] in '91
+/-, then dropped from the 10" to 9x2" rear brakes.  afaik they still
have them.  swapping up should be easy - these axles have mopar
housing ends, for which at least 11" backing plates are available.

iirc cjs had 9" brakes all through the kaiser years.