[Amc-list] holy crap -- long lost AMC fabrics!

[Amc-list] holy crap -- long lost AMC fabrics!

Sitting on the pot I glanced at last week's LA Weekly... opened
to an article on a woman who makes handbags out of automotive
fabrics.

Read this:

"He [the man shoe bought fabirc from] would buy up all of
AMC's textile excess from mills on the East Coast and store it
in warehouses in California, Texas and Nevada. Each roll was
tagged, indicating the year it was made and the model it was
intended for. White had stumbled upon a car-seat gold mine. She
bought each and every roll -- over 10,000 yards of fabric."

http://www.laweekly.com/la-vida/la-vida/auto-motives/15774/

I already contacted her, I'll let you know how it goes. I asked
to see the stuff, maybe buy enough for a car, and possibly take
samples for reproduction, maybe photos, and mentioned she could
sell some of it for decent profit.