Re: [Amc-list] F('ing)ailing parts 2

The Ron Francis Wiring switch really is superior.

Echlin specs the SAME PART!! for oil pressure sensors. Guess
what, I've gone through FOUR (4) of them in my 258
Hornet. Current one doesn't work!  I mean come on -- what the
hell could I be doing to kill 4 of these things? (I'm running
and LED!  instead of a light bulb, so I'm not burning up
the contacts.)

I don't think the electrical part is failing, I think the pressure part
is. I didn't realize it was spec'd as an oil pressure sensor! That would
support my theory: oil pressure in all engines I know of is no more than
75-100 psi (oil pressure by-pass pop-off, 75 psi for AMC engines stock,
I think the hi-po spring is 90 or 95 psi). Brake systems develop over
100 psi -- typically 400-800 psi.

I don't know if they use a spring or diaphragm. Whatever it is, it
doesn't take the constant changes in pressure or the high pressure well.