Re: [Amc-list] F('ing)ailing parts 2

NOTE B: Years ago the brake light switch failed for the first
time I recall since I owned the car. I installed a replacement
bought at NAPA.  That lasted a year. I then went through at least
two more, to the point where I carried a spare in the glovebox. I
then bought an expensive unit from Ron Francis Wiring around
2002 -- no failure since then.  Conclusion: aftermarket parts
(in this case Echlin) are *crap*. I did a post-mortem on the
most-recent Echlin switch failure and I can assure you the
thing was made with garbage components and materials.
-------------

This has been my experience. I got a ticket for running TWO stop signs
from a cop due to one. No cop behind me when I was 50' or so from the
first one, so he had to turn in just after I checked the mirror. I
didn't completely stop, but at 200' or so behind me there's no way he
could have known! At the second one I quickly looked and darted across
-- the a-hole cop would have rear ended me if I didn't! I was ready to
ague the point at first, then he started on "I could haul you in for
reckless driving" before I opened my mouth... decided it was best to
keep it shut at that point. After the two tickets, I was wondering just
how he could have noticed the first one. I'd replaced the brake light
switch just 5-6 months before... checked it when I got home (I was just
a block from home!!) -- no brake lights!!! No wonder he was so ticked
off, it appeared that I'd barely even slowed down!! Went to court, judge
threw one out, and waived ALL fines -- just pay court costs. An
assistant asked me the details before court started, came back out with
that before even seeing the judge. Looked good... being military with an
out of state license the ticket would never go on my record anyway, not
from a city cop. A highway patrol, maybe -- depends on the ticket.
Usually only neighboring states will definitely honor tickets from state
and (nearby) county cops, but small town tickets are usually ignored.