Re: [Amc-list] I believe I have a 1969 German Javelin

Re: [Amc-list] I believe I have a 1969 German Javelin

John, all the sources I've seen (parts books, TSMs, etc.) state that all
CKD kit cars were built in Kenosha. Bodies and all should have been
built there, unless of course the bodies were never built in the Kenosha
plant. Then the kit would be "assembled" in Kenosha, and the serial
number would be from Kenosha. That accounts for a lot of the VIN
discrepancy you spoke of -- add the CKD cars to the total. As far as I
can determine the serials were handled the same as US cars -- assigned
as the orders came in. I would think CKD orders would have come in
batches, not individually, but it would really depend on how the orders
got stacked on the serial assigner's desk.