[Amc-list] What is new?

Snip
This is not new technology
either.  I have a 1941 Ken-Royce (formerly LeBlond)
seven cylinder radial aircraft engine in my hangar.
It has roller solid lifters (tappets) and roller
Snip
Of course these things are rpm limited so they did
not twist very tight either, but as to the technology
being new?
I have seen early "teen" farm tractors with water
injection to prevent spark knocking. This is with
a vehicle that has compression ratio almost as high
as 4:1 or so. Or an early 1905 Welsh or so had over-
head valves on a V8. And the list can go on!
John