Re: [Amc-list] new lifters old cam

I'm not questioning anything you've said about flat tappet push-rod
engines. I was simply pointing out that many OHC designs have similar
characteristics. I wasn't intending to belittle your statements. My
primary point was this should affect engines other than traditional flat
tappet designs. That they are no longer used in current manufacture
makes them obsolete for sure, but as you noted, only recently not used
at all. There are way more flat tappet engines on the road than roller
right now in everyday use -- especially if you include flat OHC types.
One thing I just thought of... because of the rocker arm ratio, pushrod
flat tappets may develop more pressure between the tappet and cam lobe
than an OHC follower and cam lobe. Don't forget that this board is
dedicated to "buggy whips"!! ;>

I wasn't aware of the new diesel fuel standard details. I did know that
new formulation would have less sulphur and catalytic converters would
be used on some, but not that there would be two incompatible blends.
That's interesting! Two totally different diesel fuels will complicate
the infrastructure and impact used vehicle sales. I guess fueling
stations will have to dedicate some pumps to one fuel or the other.
Doesn't sound like it wouldn't work well with dual pumps such as used
for different grades of gasoline, but mixing a small amount (what's left
in the hose) might not matter. I wonder what this will do to the
bio-diesel advocates -- limit them to older engines (pre 2008) most
likely.