[Amc-list] Brake shoe material

I recently purchase a set of disc brake pads to do a brake job on my
Town and Country and was offered a set of Ceramic pads as top of the
line rather than the semi-metallic that have been top of the line every
other time I have purchase brake parts. Never heard of them except as
used in racing applications. At this was not going to be the basic take
everything off and buy new rotors or have mine reground just because you
"must" or it is "mandatory" as non of them were warped so there was no
peddle thumping as things turned so I did not have to have them turned
to the point of oblivion, I figured I would just let the new brakes wear
into the used rotor. However knowing nothing at all about ceramic brakes
I have no clue on what is important to be done prior to installing them.

Can anyone enlighten me?
Inquiring minds want to know.
John.