Re: [Amc-list] Unbelievable neighbor

Same sort of thing happened with my best friend in Colorado.  When I lived there, he has a really nice set-up for working on cars, and on any given weekend 3 or 4 of his friends would take their cars out to his fairly rural place to hang out, talk cars, and take advantage of having an extra set of hands to help with the stuff that's hard to do alone.  This guy had about 40 or 50 cars, all but maybe 7 or 8 running but not plated.  And a lot of the other houses in the area, a poor dirt-farming area, have non-running trucks and tractors behind barns, and you still find hourses and livestock around.  But Denver and the money is sprawling northward, and the area around him has very slowly been sprouting houses on 3- and 5-acre lots, but so far he'd not had trouble with having to put up a privacy fence or anthing.

Well, a guy who lived sort of across the country road from him always seemed sort of interested in the cars, would wave and sort of shoot the shit now and again, and a couple of times came by to get help with his projects.  All good and well until he put his house on the market.  I guess some potential buyer complained about "the junkyard" or "repairshop" across the road, and now this guy had to prove he wasn't running an unlicensed business (they don't just take your word on that stuff) and has a court-order or violation of some type that requires him to put privacy fence up!

I live in the country (or, rather, my cars do) and I only have 4 cars outside, plus a camper, but am sure that I'll hear from some Mrs. Kravitz neighbor one day who's all ticked off that life in the country doesn't look like some friggin' drawning out of a Dick and Jane book.