Re: [Amc-list] new lifters old cam

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Larry R. Daum wrote:

> add a $6 bottle of moly oil additive or look for a $600 AMC street
> roller cam setup.  (Not to Nick Alfano , looks like some needs to
> step up and start providing the option of an AMC Roller lifter street
> cam setup.) thanks LRDaum

The valve train has got to eat a lot of power just in friction
and spring-pushing; how much of that is due to the cam/flat
tappet?

Except for the obvious cost issue, roller tappets (sic, should be
"cam followers" I suppose) just seem like a good idea, even at
non-racin engine speeds.

How are they for longevity at street speeds compared to flat
ones?