-------------------------
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2007 03:33 PM
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you have a 72 up AMC 232-242-258 six with a T-5 transmission and an
AMC15
rear axle in an American sedan, yes, a 77 Pinto wagon driveshaft is a
bolt in!
  I'm using a true 82 Spirit T-5, it's overall length is the same as a
Ford
T-5. So barring unforeseen differences car-car this "should" be a bolt
in to
all American bodies that share the two door sedan wheel base. I'm not
sure what
the AMC-20 rear axle would do. If it's pinion is longer or farther
forward I do
not think it will work as it is a "tight" fit in my combination. Take a
tape
measure to be sure, though it would still be a good starter shaft to
have cut
if needed.
  The best part is the Pinto shares u-joint sizes with the American and
is
larger in diameter to boot! I found this by taking a tape measure into a
Yard
and measuring shaft lengths till I cam across this on. It was from a 77
Pinto
wagon with a 4 cyl auto to be exact. IIRC even the yoke will fit in the
Ford
version of the T-5! It does not fit in the AMC T-5 as it uses the
Chrysler 904
spline. :[
  Mine cost me $25! :] Sure beat having one cut or built!