Re: [Amc-list] Head rebuild cost

Whoa up there...  One point in favor is that you know the work was done well
and your shop there will stand behind it.

If you want another nightmare just go and buy some "rebuilt" engine or part
from someone you don't know...  By the time you are done chasing down the
culprit and raising a big stink and likely not getting any satisfaction for
your time and money you could be sitting there holding up the heavy end of a
losing situation.

$150 plus for the valves and springs that you got special for your cyl head
probably won't be found in a cheap job.  Usually these items are furnished
by the parts and machine shop, if necessary, and then they know what they
are working with.

There probably are ways to minimize your costs all right and usually is by
making things most expedient for your machinist but not by making
impositions on him with other than his standard parts or stuff that he may
have to spend extra time with in order to make sure to get things "right".
Maybe that isn't the case here but it is possible...  Just try a view from
the other perspective.  A little extra money is better than a lot of extra
time and hassle.  Even for us poor folks stuck with doing Ramblers. etc...
Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR - > <ralph.ausmann@xxxxxxxxx>
http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m/