[Amc-list] IF YOU READ THE LIST ON THE WEBSITE ONLY...

[Amc-list] IF YOU READ THE LIST ON THE WEBSITE ONLY...

You may be missing some posts! Remember to check the "previous day" on
occasion. A lot of posts get queued for admin check before being
released for one reason or another. A post made today that gets released
from the queue late tonight/early tomorrow will show up on the website
under the DAY IT WAS POSTED -- NOT THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED. That's why
some posts don't show up on the "right" day.

There is a standard for message headers, but no one appears to exactly
adhere to it. Different ISPs change it slightly in different ways.
Mailman "knows" what the standard is and expects it, and flags messages
with unexpected changes for the admins to check before releasing. The
main reason is spammers diddle the address headers to make the messages
appear to come from legitimate senders. The only way to "fix" this is to
let almost everything go through. I don't think that's a good idea, so
check the previous day or two!