Re: [Amc-list] 1970 brake specs? PROP VALVE INFO!!

Re: [Amc-list] 1970 brake specs? PROP VALVE INFO!!

" From: farna@xxxxxxx
"
" Andrew, I looked up the rotors and bearings on Rockauto. The rotors are different for 77-78 vs. all others (K-H and 79-83), and they list the 77-78 bearings as the same as Big Bendix (#16 and #17). This goes along with the many reports I've had over the years that the 77-78 rotors were harder to find and cost more than 79-83.

yup, you're right.  just checked my napa book.  i recall the mitchell
interchange differently though.

hmmm...  maybe they wanted to standardize on one set of bearings?

wonder if one coule hybridize these, '77-8 calipers/brackets with
'79-up rotors/spindles?  it's entirely possible the calipers and
brackets are already the same '77-'81.