Re: [Amc-list] Google earth , privacy, view quality...

Re: [Amc-list] Google earth , privacy, view quality...

>Wow!
>
>I did look at zillow, but the data for mine is
crappy.  It's a
>whole different web page view than yours; why the
difference?

One of the differences is in the quality of the aerial
photos used to make the Google earth map. Some areas
have a higher resolution than others. Remember, GE is
a composite of various images, it's not made by one
type of aerial photography or one company from a
certain height, but by probably hundreds of them, from
government to private industry, whatever got submitted
to use or is in the public domain. My Gremlin Garage
in Crewe, VA has a very low resolution, you can barely
make out the streets in town it's so blurry, can't
even make out the building itself. It's a country
town, so not as likely to be subjected to high res
photography as is a major city or suburban area. It
just all depends on what's available. I'm sure, given
time, it'll get better, but it's not a uniform
photographic process, I'm sure. Yet my Woodbridge, VA
home has a pretty good resolution, can make out my AMC
car shadows as rectangular blobs,and just see a hint
of orange of my Gremlin GT, but that's all. Same with
my county real estate picture, so I doubt there's a
better one yet. I'll have to reload my GE, as it got
lost when my former PC crashed last January.
  Anyway, if you don't have a great resolution of your
own house, it's not necessarily the browser, but the
actual photos submitted may be lower quality / higher
altitude photos.

Jerry Casper
collector of aerial photos