Re: [Amc-list] Droning sound in 66 American

Re: [Amc-list] Droning sound in 66 American

A true gear whine with no bearing issues is a sign of misalignment.
  The things will run forever with no failure, unless they are really far out of alignment then the metal will eventually knife edge from wear and fracture. That will take a long time to occur!
   The thing to remember is that this is not a repairable condition unless the ring and pinion is replaced. Once they wear in wrong they will never be quiet.
    The other thing to remember is that usually only your sanity will suffer!
The noise can drive you crazy over time.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net