Re: [Amc-list] Droning sound in 66 American

Re: [Amc-list] Droning sound in 66 American

I think I just take the driveshaft of and take it to a shop in Lakeland, FL.
that balances driveshafts and see if they can find a problem with the
driveshaft. Once I get that issue put behind me, if I still have a slight
vibration  and/or droning, I will try the pinion bearing in the rear end.
Lastly, I will replace the tires, I guess. Good ol' unibodies and their
quirks. I have owned Nash and Rambler cars since my 1941 Nash 600 (unibody)
all the way up to my 1981 Concord. They are sensitive to any out of balance
body part, including  bad tires.  I had a vibration problem with my 66 AMBO
wagon and it turned out to be the tires.

More later

Jay