[Amc-list] Re; Plastic Dye

SEM products just about have this market cornered for professional long
lasting results and materials to get that way. I have used nothing but
these products and they can be color mixed to existing interior paint
color codes used on AMC paint cards and data plates.

My Spirit with the Tan and Brown interior used all replacement parts as
the original interior was burgundy and sun rotted and it was removed
with a broom.

All interior plastic and metal parts that were not replaced by light tan
interior pieces obtained from a donor car, there for all of the dark
brown were anything but those colors originally and they have lasted
since 1999 with no degradation.

SEM products can be found at almost any automotive paint store and can
be mixed in bulk form or placed in rattle cans by most outlets.

It is a lacquer based product and can be treated as such when preparing
the product to be used.
I have used it on all AMC plastic applications, some interior metal such
as steering columns and other metal trim parts. The few soft parts I
have used it on such as the optional center arm rests for Spirits and
equivalent AMX's have lasted well and were prepped according to SEM's
directions and preparation products. I have even used it on some cloth
and rug type applications with good success as long as the directions
were followed.

I have never had it packaged in rattle cans, but I have used the SEM
generic equivalent rattle cans when exact color match was not important
and they have worked well. I usually will have the product balk packaged
and use either a Jam Gun or a cheap Harbour Freight air brush kits,
generally under 8 dollars a piece and I have gone through 3 of them so
far.

You do not have to settle for almost sort of the right color generic
other products.
John.