Re: [Amc-list] American Brakes, was Rear Wheel Lockup...

Re: [Amc-list] American Brakes, was Rear Wheel Lockup...

I must admit I've been intriqued with drilled drums also.
I've even went  so far as to contact [is it C.H. Topping?] about doing a set a while back for the rear of our XJ. I wanted to have them done to see if it reduced the common rear wheel lock after it sat for a week or two. Now that does not occur since my son has his license and a girlfriend. My wife has moved over to driving the Jeep regularly so my son can use the Altima.
  Anyway, I've done some web searches and found several guys that drilled their own. I don't recall any bad reports from any of the postings I found. They all pretty much supported the results as positive. Reduced fade and noise, no cracking. They also seemed to support using finned drums if you want to drill your own as the finns allow you get an even spacing without as much work. Less chance of getting the drum out of balance.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net