Re: [Amc-list] rear wheel lock up problem still

Re: [Amc-list] rear wheel lock up problem still

It's been awhile since I reviewed the 66 American TSM
too, but I recall that there were two combinations of
master cylinder and slave cylinders in those cars.
There was one combination of Lockheed (Wagner) master
cylinder with Bendix wheel cylinders (bendix brakes on
the wheels) and another combination of just the
opposite I believe.

I did rebuild the master cylinder on my American and I
do believe it had bores of two different diameters.

I can check the TSM if anyone needs the reference.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

Did you get the American TSM or the big car one? It