[Amc-list] Mallory Decals

Mike,
Thanks for the ideas.
I've never done anything like that but it might work out well.
I'll give it a try and let you now how it turns out.
Don

You know, on that thing with the Mallory decals, Testor's and a few other
companies make decal kits for models.

Most hobby shops, and some hardware stores and WalMarts have these kits.
The last one I bought was around 8 bucks 4 months ago.

You can whip up a picture, logo, whatever, in a paint or photo program(the
Testor's kit includes a CD), print it out onto a 6x8 sheet of decal paper,
and savoir faire, decals EVERYwhere.

The Testor's one has a can of spray fixative that you spray the decal
sheet with when it dries from the ink-jet printer, so flammability might
be an issue. The decals themselves are the normal float-em-in-water kind.

I suppose you could print them on some of that ink-jet paper they have for
bumper stickers(at OfficeMax etc.), then spray them with urethane, cut out
and apply. I seriously doubt that anyone but you will ever know the
difference between those and the foil ones.
mike