[Amc-list] Relays for light! was Re: 67-69 American 440 dash trim / LED

[Amc-list] Relays for light! was Re: 67-69 American 440 dash trim / LED

Painless, Ron Francis both sell kitss IIRC.
It's so easy to build your own that the cost of most kits is not justified.
In my case I was doing all the inderhood stuff for EFI so when I had the factory harness stripped I incorporated everything . I took the factory single lead that ran out to the left headlight and ran it to the PDC, using one relay for high, one for low.
  I guess there may be a slight gain from using two relays for each side equally four total, but WTF. Got to limit things somewhere!
  I would highly recomend this mod to anyone for any car that did not come equipped with realys! I saw a mag article a while back and Hlamp voltage had degraded on the original system to somewher in the 11.9 volt range at the lamp on a not too old car. With relays it was pushing 13.4!, Now that's going to make a big difference in Hlamp intensity!
  I didn't meter mine, but the intensity is readily noticeable!!!
I will be doing this to the Ambassador and any cars I build in the future.
Like Tom said [I think it was Tom!] You could easily do this without cutting a single wire if so inclined. Wiring and relays could be hidden under fenders, behind bumpers or even under the battery tray if needed! You would only see one extra harness crossing the core support on most cars if done right; if you tucked that one under the bumper it would dissapear too!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net