Re: [Amc-list] Radiators

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:44:12 -0500
From: Archimedes <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Radiators

John, et al,

Hmmm... It occurs to me that if these can be made with bolt-on brackets,
that they could fit another couple of dozen AMC models just by unbolting
and reversing the brackets.

Also, I believe the radiator used for the Matador coupe and Spirit/Concord
were the same as the older-model radiators, except they used a much shorter
top tank to clear the lower hoodlines.  You might double-check with an
authority to see if this is correct, and talk with your manufatcurer about
maybe offering the basic radiator with the short top tank option as well.

I can tell you that in my Rebel Wagon, I bought a 3 row V8 radiator from my local Advance Auto that was for a Spirit. Fits fine, no issues. Only difference is the appearance vs the Blackstone; the hoses fit as original.

Jim Boone
Mims, FL