Re: [Amc-list] AMC-list radiators

RE:AMC-list radiators

Before every one jumps off a bridge reinventing the wheel there are a
few things that need to be checked out first.

The ebay address is for a guy I tried to contact about an aluminum
radiator he was advertising on ebay for a Jeep AMC V-8 aluminum
radiator. He was at one advertising that it fit AMXs and Javelins.
But I never got a reply from the guy when I emailed him and reports
on the AMC forums report that it did not fit right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130044858194&fromMakeTrack=true

This second guy advertise a 4 row standard type AMX and Javelin
radiator on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300044215429&fromMakeTrack=true

And now to the heart of the matter there a guy named Doug Noland who
only advertises in NAMDRA that he already has an exact reproduction
of the AMX & Javelin radiators made by C&R racing radiators that are
exact replacements but aluminum. I don't know what they look like or
if they fit right, if they have fitting for an automatic cooling
lines or not. I've been planning on calling and inquiring about this
radiator. Doug phone number is: (770) 926-0960. I know nothing else
about except he a NAMDRA member and advertises in the NAMDRA
newsletter every issue. I'm looking for a radiator my self for my 69
AMX project. I just had not go around to this yet , as the engine is
not rebuild yet and I'm not needing it right away. I'm leaning toward
a custom cross flow radiator if I have to. My 30 over 390 runs hot
any way and since I now live in Nevada and I'm adding A/C to car .
They have a little thing called monsoon season here in Southern
Nevada. Monsoon season here is 6 to 8 weeks of 110 to 120 degree
temps with some thing rare for this area 50 to 60 % humidity in July
and August. This the time of year where people who live here in
Nevada go back to the midwest to enjoy the cooler 95 degree temps!!!
The only think I can add is Lauglin runs about 120 to 130 during
monsoon season in the low dessert. thanks some thing to consider.
LRDaum mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx