[Amc-list] PLEASE READ: AMC-List Settings and Digests

[Amc-list] PLEASE READ: AMC-List Settings and Digests

1. Settings CAN NOT be changed from the AMX-Files page. That was for
antiquated software from back when you didn't have to worry about idiots
trolling the web with nothing better to do than screw up someone's
settings, subscribe/unsubscribe people, etc.

2. To change your settings, go to www.amc-list.com. On the right, the
second option is "Change your e-mail settings". You will need a password
for this. The third option is "Have your password mailed to you", which
will send the password to your subscribed e-mail account. Some people
have reported problems. On the "Change..." page, type in your e-mail
address and hit the "Remind" button to get a password reminder e-mail.
Remember to go to the bottom of the settings page and press the "submit"
button -- otherwise settings won't be changed!!

3. If you have problems, e-mail ME at farna@xxxxxxx (Tom has enough to
do with running the server, I can do this easy enough). I can respond
from my other e-mail address (the one this was sent from), so you can
it for you. I prefer an e-mail to a list message.

4. If you can't reply from the AMX-Files, try sending a reply through
your e-mail program to mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Tom and I have no control over
the AMX-Files site. It is SEPARATE from the mail list. The site may have
not reestablished the link to the list, or been unsubscribed due to
bounces. I'm checking on that! You may have to resubscribe to the
AMX-Files, since it keeps a separate subscriber list. If you have a
login to the AMX-Files only, and not a membership to the list, your
messages will bounce and not be displayed on either. THE BEST WAY TO
ENSURE YOUR REPLY/MESSAGE GOES THROUGH IS TO SEND IT VIA E-MAIL. Just
cut and paste the subject from the AMX-Files message and any text you
want to quote and send to mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx