Re: [Amc-list] Free Email? was:Re: AOL users, please read...

At 12:52 PM 1/26/2007 -0800, Mark Price wrote:

>Which leads me to ponder.
>What is the best online, downloadable pop or no pop free email available?!!!
>I'm in the squeeze right now! Being forced to flip my user names and all
>accounts from Adelphia to Comcast because of the buy out.
>   Since I HAVE to change to something, I wonder is there actualy a good
> choice???!!!

Well, I've had AMCAmbassador@xxxxxxxxx for almost six years -- through
three moves and seven ISP changes.  I can't fault their spam
protection.  However, spammers hit yahoo hard with alpha attacks -- where
they link entire dictionaries with @yahoo.com in the hopes they get a good
address hit.  Aardvaardk@xxxxxxxxx, and so on.  Same with zip codes.

Whatever you get, stay away from a single word.  Use a combination of two
or more words that would be hard for a software program to
guess.  <RecoveringAMCManIn@xxxxxxxxx> for example.

Google mail is pretty darn good too, although I don't have an address with
them.  I rather like Google because they tend to fight when the government
wants to snoop through your mail without a warrant.  Others roll over and
lay your private communications bare.

One smaller provider that's worthy of mention:

         Racemail.com

It's webmail, but it does have the ability to pull your mail from your ISP
inbox.

I have *never* had any spam in that mailbox.

-- Marc