Re: [Amc-list] Free Email? was:Re: AOL users, please read...

Re: [Amc-list] Free Email? was:Re: AOL users, please read...

Mark, (and any other listwatchers in an ISP quandary)

>I'm in the squeeze right now! Being forced to flip my user names and all accounts from Adelphia to Comcast because of the buy out.
>  Since I HAVE to change to something, I wonder is there actualy a good choice???!!!

Any free/cheap email services are going to come with a cost (adware, forced spyware, etc.).

If you can't accept that, and need an address that's independent of an ISP, you can subscribe to a forwarding service. This is just an email service that catches your mail and forwards it to the ISP's inbox that you specify. When you change ISP accounts, you just reconfigure the forwarder to send it to the new/changed account as needed.

Most ISPs will forward for you, but the catch is that you still have to subscribe at the base rate to do it. A forwarding service will cost quite a bit less to do the same thing, no ads, no spying, no claims to your data. Some of run spamfilters too as part of the service.

The only one I'm aware of off the top of my head is pobox.com, but there has to be others too.

Maybe that will help...

- steve c. (an AMC-list lurker with only an old XJ to play with at the moment)