[Amc-list] Dualranger Overdrive or Underdrive $2400 and other 2 wheel or

[Amc-list] Dualranger Overdrive or Underdrive $2400 and other 2 wheel or 4 wheel overdrives

http://www.high-impact.net/transmission_and_gear/dualrangeoverdrive.htm

Just got off the phone with Greg Miller at High Impact (I'm looking into an
O/D setup for 727 cases. They have a bunch of other over/under setups as
well, such as the Klune V) and for $2400 I can get a Dual Ranger box (in
either O/D and 1:1 ratios or U/D and 1:1 ratios) that will bolt to a 727
with 2wd output or between a 727 and New Process transfercase.
   He suggested that we could put together a group buy and shave some $$$
off the price if anyone is interested. (my project is a ways off and this
year I have to pay extra income tax because I sold my house at the end of
2005)
   The breakdown is this: It adds 12" (meaning driveshaft changes) between
the trans and tcase (not sure how much on the 2wd. It may be less because
you reuse the output cone) There are other options out there, but this setup
is rated stronger than a 700R4. I was looking into this because of a
possible Nissan diesel 727/208 combo coming my way.