[AMC-List] Alternative engine applications.

[AMC-List] Alternative engine applications.

There are two motors that I have seen used in early Ramblers
that seem to go in as if the factory installed them. For really
early Ramblers the 2000 or 2300 overhead cam I-4 does a
really clean installation. For later Ramblers the 3.8 Buick or
4.3 Cheverolet V6 sure look good in them. All 3 engines have
a wide selection of after market performance parts available
to do almost anything thing one wants to with them.
Another engine that might be used more than it has been
is the Pontiac Iron Duke engine which also has a wide availability
of performance parts and was used by AMC in later Spirit and
Concord applications giving a number of transmissions that it
would mate up to. Probably including other GM I-6 engines too.
Any of the above engines with some work should be a lot
simpler to install than either of the Ford 200 or 250 cu in engines.
Both of which seem to have a very poor reputation for performance
or economy although appear to have been very rugged engines.
John.