Re: [AMC-List] 'She's My Little Rock 'n Roll'

A: If gas price continue to climb (they are touching the $3 a gallon mark
here near Seattle again) then a 2.5L conversion with EFI would be better. A
2wd front axle from an XJ or MJ may yield the rotors needed for the disc
conversion as well (there are 2 kinds. 1 piece hubs with tapered bearings
and complete hubs like 4x4 XJs use)

From: "Brien Tourville" <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] 'She's My Little Rock 'n Roll'
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx

{quote]
Hello AMC people!   Here I am again asking advise on yet another
idea
on
powertrain swap for my beloved little red 'vert.  The thought of
cutting
up the engine bay on this car to put in a 290  really makes me
cringe.
Especially after seeing a couple examples on ebay.  So my
thoughts
are
now
leaning toward a 258 or a 232, because it has to be an AMC.  I
have
so
far
kept the car period correct, but not totally original.  The car
is
just
to nice to be sporting the 196 ohv.  There is no aftermarket for
it
and
not much potential.  I already have a T14 to hook it up to.
Also is
there
any difference in bell pattern up to '85or '86?    THANK YOU
once
again,
M.Walter redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx
]quote}

<>

Get a '97 or newer 2WD JEEP cherokee 4.0 engine / auto. trans /
ECM &
harness & shiftier out of a donor and install the package - you
will
be glad you did.

Shop www.car-parts.com > find who has lo mile offerings,
and eMail an offer of around $1,500.00 for the whole shooting
match - delivered.   You will find a taker in this market.

also: NAXJA.org > post a wanted there.

the value of the Red vehicle will improve dramatically which
helps
when you're trading in for that new Chevy Impala later on.....

Make a stand for the 196 & T14 in your garage & put  Museum
Lamps
on 'em for effect - buff out that valve cover ......

I like 'period mechanics' as well as the next gear Nasher,
buhutt
a Red convertible that can go anywhere, service anywhere and run
with
the Greyhounds is a logical choice.

upgrade the front brakes to DISC while your putterin.

Between this list and the Strokers list, you'll have little
difficulty in completing an up to date 4.O Efi 4spd. Automatic
Red convertible 'Classic' that sips gas and swats Hoodoos.

Gonna' skin your knuckles regardless - and the end money will be
the
same.