Re: [AMC-List] Fw: Emission Maintenance Timers

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Eddie Stakes wrote:

> Anyone ever heard of these boogers and if so, can you
> give them a idea on where to find one,

What's wrong with a junkyard?

The part is amusing; it seems to be a common fuze for bombs also.
Tourists (I think that's how it's currently spelled) use them.

It's basically a chemical device, like a tube with metal and
an electrolyte,  that moves metal from one end to the other by
passin current through it; like a little electroplating thing,
or the opposite of a battery.

"Elapsed time" meters for things like xerox copiers use 'em;
for that app they look like a little mercury thermometer.