From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Boone
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:38 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-List] Heat Crossover

I'm slowly, as money allows, putting together the parts for a "hot" engine.
I've been looking at the Edelbrock heads, but am confused as to which version is appropriate.

They come with or without the heat crossover.  I'd think without is what I want.  These will go on either my '70 390 shortblock, or possibly a 401, although the one I have has some serious problems, and I really need to find another one most likely.

I have a choice of intakes gathered already: R4B, Torker, Offy 2x4.  I favor the Offy although it would be harder to set up. My "dream" is this engine cranking minimum 400/400 rear wheel hp/tq, 5 sp (Tremec), and probably 9"
~3.50 ratio in my American.  Ought to make a great street machine!

Anyway, what do ya think?

Jim Boone
Mims, FL