Re: [AMC-List] Brake Light

It should be a pressure switch (it's mounted on the firewall on the
passenger side near the frame sill) and bleeding the brakes can trip it.
In fact, the service manual tells you how to deal with this. There are a
bunch of small parts that make up the switch and those can also fail
causing it to come on. Repair kits for the switch are available from
http://www.ramblerparts.com.

The TSM says you have to remove and reinstall the switch guts to reset
it. You may have to apply the brakes slightly to get the plunger out. I
highly suggest looking at the diagrams in the TSM before doing this so
you can see what the little parts look like. Ordering a repair kit may
not be a bad idea either.

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx