Re: [AMC-List] 1959 Rambler radiator

Almost any later AMC or Jeep CJ radiator will fit. If you're thinking
about a used radiator, all will be 20+ years old -- newest is a 88 Eagle
and those will be rare in junkyards -- few made. You will likely have to
move the mounting brackets, or swap the brackets from the old radiator
to the new. IIRC the 59 has a large tank on top, so you may need to
modify the brackets to fit a later radiator. You might need to move some
bolt holes (I'd drill the bracket before the sheet metal on the car),
but it should fit the opening fine.

Before you try a different radiator, call a local radiator shop and ask
about recoring the one you have. Usually costs about the same as a
replacement radiator, but a replacement isn't available. That way you
have the original tanks and brackets. A core should be available for it,
but may not be. All new model radiators are throw-aways if they start
leaking.